Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.~William Wordsworth

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Heart's Journey


I was the first to see you, the first to hold you, the first to kiss you.

I saw your first smile.  I saw your first steps.  I heard your first word.

I read to you.  I sang to you.  I rocked you to sleep.

I took you to the zoo.  I took you to the movies.  I took you to church.

I cheered you on playing baseball.  I cheered you on playing basketball.  I cheered you on playing soccer.  

You fell, I picked you up.  Then I hugged you.

You got sick, I nursed you back to health.  Then I hugged you.   

You were sad, discouraged or angry, I listened and encouraged you.  Then I hugged you.

You were happy, cheerful, excited, I listened and encouraged you.  Then I hugged you.

You went to preschool.  I cried.  

Then, you made my heart smile.

You went to kindergarten.  I cried.  

Then, you made my heart smile.

You went to high school.  I cried.   

Then, you made my heart smile.

You graduated.  I cried.

You made my heart smile.

You lost your way.  

I lost my heart.  
                                                                                                                           N. Elaine  ©2010

No comments:

Post a Comment